Tuesday, March 24, 2009


1. What? – This chapter discusses social cognitive theory which is a theoretical perspective that focuses on how people learn by observing others and how they eventually assume control over their own behavior. It is not the only way people learn it is just one of the most common ways that people learn. We also talked about modeling, self regulation and self-efficacy. Modeling is when a person demonstrates a behavior for someone else. Self regulation is a process of setting goals for oneself and engaging in behaviors and cognitive processes that lead to goal attainment. Self efficacy is a belief that one is capable of executing certain behaviors or reaching certain goals. Three general ideas about social cognitive theory are: The power of observation, the role of control, and the importance of motivation. The power of observation is that people learn what behaviors are more likely to lead to reinforcement and punishment by watching what happens to others. The role of control is that people can often choose the activities in which they participate, thereby controlling the particular experiences they have. The importance of motivation is that people will consciously choose certain activities and work hard in them and persist in the face of failure. 

2. So What? – This topic will help us to become better teacher by allowing us to know how our student’s learn better. In turn we can adapt our lessons to fit our student’s needs

3. Now What? – This is how I learn best so I believe that other students learn this way as well. It is not the only way to learn but I feel it is one of the best and easiest ways too. Other students may learn better differently but they can still learn by observing others. This being true for me I will demonstrate as much as I can to help the students learn better. 

Sorry I was not very explicit; I just can do it today my brain is not with me today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment