Tuesday, January 27, 2009


We discussed multiple intelligence and how the are relevant to us as teachers. We went into the computer lab and took a intelligence test then we came back to class where Professor Cox had taped a sheet of paper to the wall with each intelligence on them. Then we were asked to stand by the sheet of paper that was our highest intelligence level then our second highest then our third. We discussed as a class how our individual intelligences influence how we learn and how that should influence how we teach our students.
 This knowledge is important to know because as teachers we must know that our students are individually different, so we must teach them as such. Each student will learn differently then their peers. So we must adapt every year and try not to get in a pattern and teach every class the same.
 I hope to apply this to my teaching, especially since I have been saying this to my self ever since I was in Junior high school. “If I was a teacher I would do it differently.” I have plans on how to do it differently but I do not know what the best way will be just yet. I will assess my student any other way then just tests. Not to say I will not give one but I will do each unit different so my students who do not test well, what ever the reason may be, will have a chance in the class.  
 

1 comment: